Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Beginning of the End: Senior Year Internship


Due to the fact that last year was such a rewarding experience in which I truly gained so much knowledge about working in labs, this year, I am all the more excited to partake in an internship. I really hope to learn many more skills that would help me in college—especially because I am looking into the science field. Last year, for the most part, I was given the task of calculations or in other words, figuring out how much of what solutions was needed. In addition, because of the fact that my particular internship (about DNA and RNA isolation) had many places for error, it was not altogether uncommon for the machine to malfunction and prevent my mentor and I from seeing the final results. Consequently, this year I would like to participate in experiments in which I get to do something from the start to the finish and then have the chance to thoroughly analyze the results. It would be all the more amazing if I could get the chance to form my own experiment and carry it straight through till the end. All in all, this year, I am simply just looking forward to further discovering and developing my lab expertise.

2 comments:

  1. Christi, thanks for the blog post. I appreciate your interest in a more complete internship. We will do our best to arrange such an experience. I am glad that you are so interest in participating this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi,
    Looking forward to your internship,
    Ms. Maier

    ReplyDelete